Temple Coffee Brewing Guide: Chemex
Grind | Slightly coarser than drip
Time | 4 min
1. Run hot water through the filter. Drain completely.
2. Add coffee to the filter and start your timer.
3. Pour just enough water into the center of the cone to saturate the grounds evenly.
4. After 1 minute, slowly pour a third of the water in a spiral. Do not pour on the sides. Grounds should be evenly colored.
5. Repeat pouring 2 more times with a 30 second break in between. Enjoy.
Use these parameters to brew great coffee:
- Coffee | 20 grams or 3 heaping tablespoons
- H20 Temperature | 201°F underboil by 30 seconds
- H20 Vol | 10 oz/280 grams
- Grind | Drip is medium fine & slightly larger than table salt. Coarse is sea salt size.
Key to Great Results | fresh high quality beans, the correct grind with a burr grinder, filtered water, timer, a clean filter.
Our espressos vary with the seasons. Visit our online store for the most up-to-date brewing parameters for your espresso. We are committed to roasting and brewing the finest coffees from around the world. We source from Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Costa Rica, Panama, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Brazil.
For any brewing questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.