Chemex Brewing Tutorial
1. Place a Chemex filter into the Chemex with the three-fold portion laying against the spout.
2. Pre-wet the filter with hot water and discard the water.
3. Heat 480g of purified water to 201°F.
4. Grind 30g of coffee, medium coarse (kosher salt sized), and pour into the filter in an even mound.
5. Start your timer, counting up from zero.
6. Pour 50-60g of heated, purified water into the center of the coffee bed, wetting all the grounds.
7. Wait 30 seconds for the coffee to bloom.
8. Continue pouring so that all 480g of water is in your Chemex by 3 minutes. Avoid pouring along the edges of the filter as this can cause an uneven brew.
9. Drain the coffee (ideally around the 4 minute mark), remove the filter, and enjoy.